Not authentic style kimchi but this easy & quick version of stuffed cucumber kimchi will be a perfect summer side dish.
Yield : 6-8 servings
- 2 cucumbers
- 200g daikon radish
- 1/3 carrot
- handful of chives
- 1/2 cup of Korean red chili powder
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Wash cucumbers, and cut them in 3-4 pieces
- Put cucumbers in a mixing bowl, mix with salt, and let it sit for about 20-30 minutes to tenderize
- Wash radish, carrot, and chives. Cut them in thin julienne shape
- In a mixing bowl, put radish, carrot, and chives. Add chili powder, vinegar, and sugar. Mix well
- Check cucumbers. If you’re able to bend it little bit without breaking, it’s ready
- Use a chopstick or small knife to dig a hole in the center of cucumber piece
- Fill in the hole with radish mixture. Stuff it very tightly that way when you slice cucumber kimchi it looks pretty.
- Leave stuffed cucumber kimchi in the bowl, and top with the rest of radish mixture. It will make some juice coming out from carrot, and radish. This will also help to develop more flavor when you eat it next day or two.
- Cut them like sushi roll shape, and enjoy!